Thursday, December 8, 2011

iPad Stylus - Bluecell Stylus Universal Touch Screen Pen

This post is a continuation of my search for an iPad stylus that would be a good fit for elementary age students.  My school is conducting an iPad pilot and we are researching different apps, accessories, and configurations that help us use and deploy the iPads effectively and efficiently. Over the next few posts I will be discussing the styluses I have looked at and tried.  Most of the products I am reviewing are new to me and have not been tested over the long haul of the school year. Therefore I am just giving my initial thoughts and feelings on these products.  In most cases these products were bought from Amazon and I have tried to provide links to each item.





Name
Bluecell Stylus Universal Touch Screen Pen
Company
Bluecell
Link
Product Size Specifications
1.4 ounces
Initial Thoughts
 The Bluecell stylus has the feeling of a cheaper mass produced stylus.  It has a shiny, slick, high polished texture that was just too smooth for my liking.  The pen nib was similar to the rooCase and Griffin, a hollow rubber nib that flattened the harder you pressed on the screen.  Though, the bluecell stylus didn’t hvae the refinement of the other styluses. The metal tip that held the stylus nib on had a rough fit and I would find my fingers getting caught on it as I wrote.  The over all length of the body of the pen was also about a quarter of an inch shorter than the Griffin pen which made the Bluecell  somewhat short in my adult hands.  I don’t think it would make a difference in a child’s hands.

Rating
2/5